Spring Break?!?
Year-round school has so many breaks, I don't think we've ever had an official Spring Break. But here in Michigan with traditional school, we enjoyed a good long break --- 10 days!
The weather was nice and warm and we enjoyed getting out of the "blahs" of early spring and into true spring. I think it was somewhere in Ohio that we noticed "Hey the grass is green!"
We told the kids about the new baby just before we left . . . it happened to be April Fools day . . . so we decided to spill the beans to the rest of the extended family.
There is a long-standing
Rowley Family tradition
that when someone is expecting they "sneakily" hand out Baby Ruth candy bars. Well, since we hadn't thought ahead and mailed them out, we decided to text a picture of one.
We got immediate responses from many siblings!
Some people believed the news immediately, and never questioned. Others believed initially, realized what day it was, and then questioned.
My brother actually thought it was a joke for the longest time. Oops!
It was our little- but-not-so-little-non-April Fools Day joke.
We left Kalamazoo around 8am on April 1st
and arrived in Kirtland, Ohio
around noon.
Kirtland Temple
Tai and Kenz in the Newel K. Whitney Store
Paige and Quinnie
Apparently we were their first picnickers of the year.
One of the couple missionaries informed us.
It was a nice warm day,
and our first picnic of the year.
We drove on to Hagerstown,Maryland and stayed the night.
Hagerstown was in Mike's zone while he was serving in the DC North mission.
After passing through
5 states
and what seemed like 20 toll booths
we arrived
and were happy to be out of the car!
3 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun!! I remember looking at the Kirtland temple as a little girl and trying to pick out specks of China that they crushed. It made me sad to think of them sacrificing their China!
I love your April Fool's joke!
Anna!!!!!!! Just checking in on you...I heard you are in Utah now. I need to just call you. I have no idea what is going on and are you pregnant, really?? If so, that is so awesome. Congratulations. You are amazing. Talk soon. Love you
brenda
Post a Comment