When we woke up and looked out the next morning the
girls were
very excited to see "popcorn" on the trees
just outside our hotel room.
As we drove toward Washington DC
it was so nice to see
daffodils
tulips
redbuds
magnolias
green grass
rolling hills
and
mountains!
Yes! Mountains in Maryland.
The Blue Ridge Mountains.
In the past, when we've visited this area, around Fredrick,
I have to admit I scoffed at the idea
that these could be considered mountains.
However, I really appreciated these lovely mountains,
there's nothing like them here in Michigan.
They were a welcome reminder of home.
Although they were a few thousand feet shy of the Rocky Mountain range,
they were mountains nonetheless.
McKenzie, Magnolia Tree, and DC Temple
White House
It was crazy in DC. Lots of visitors for Easter.
But we lucked out (so we thought) and found a great parking spot
2 blocks from the White House.
We walked to the White House,
and then the Washington Monument.
The kids wanted to hit one of the museums
and chose
Air and Space.
Well, it's been a while since we've been back to DC
and Mike and I had forgotten how
far away
the Air and Space was.
Once we got to the museum
we had about 30 minutes to look around
and then head back to our car.
We thought 2 hour parking would be ample time.
As Aunt Cindy famously says " . . . not so much!"
Well we spent 45 minutes speed walking
back to our car,
hoping we weren't going to see a
pink ticket
on the front windshield.
Tailey
Although we were 30 minutes late, we lucked out . . . no ticket!
Next we visited the great battlefield
called "395 south"
we fought traffic for a couple of hours
and arrived in Williamsburg, Virginia that night.
1 comment:
I love DC!!! IT is so fun to see all of the history!! I love that temple!! It is where I did baptisms when I was a YW!! I need to get out there again!
Post a Comment