Emily and I were talking about how fun it could be to share recipes through our blogs. Well here's a favorite that I made for dinner last week and EVERYONE enjoyed it . . . not feeding the kids lunch really helped out. Seriously, everyone loves this recipe.
Enchiladas Acapulco
6 Corn Tortillas
Oil for frying
1-19 oz. can Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
1/2c. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
1 c. Sour Cream
Green Onions, chopped
Filling:
1 1/2 c. Cooked Chicken, shredded
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Fry tortillas quickly on both sides in hot oil. Drain on paper towels and keep warm in a casserole dish. Prepare filling. Heat 2T oil, add chicken and saute. To assemble: Coat both sides of tortilla with Green chili sauce. Place chicken mixture in the tortilla and roll to enclose filling. Place seam side down in the casserole dish. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the assembled enchiladas. Heat in 350 degree oven for 10 min. Remove from oven and pour remaining Green chili sauce over hot enchiladas. Top with sour cream and chopped onions. Serves 3 to 4 people.
I doubled this recipe for my family, and made two casserole dishes of it.
1 comment:
I love this recipe! Thanks for posting it. You're right about the hunger being a helper with the appetite!
I've got a tasty Rhubarb Cake recipe that I'll post on mine.
Love you from Alaska, you have us wondering even more about our future!
xoxo
Post a Comment