Mike had to go to Alaska for work and McKenzie was off-track(we're on year-round school), she begged Mike to take her with him to see Alaska and hang out with Emily and her girls. Well, fortunately for me and for McKenzie, we both had the chance to visit the great state of Alaska! Hanging out with Emily, Susie and Lucy was the best part! Here are some of the highlights:
*Picking Blueberries on Blueberry Hill, of course!
*Hiking to the Benson Glacier (near Portage).
*Hiking to the Hand Tram @ Winter Creek. We saw amazing mushrooms, lots of lush Alaskan forest, Moose prints in the wet mud, an amazing river gorge, and thankfully-- no bears! Emily was prepared with Bear Spray, just in case!
*The Bore Tide in the Turnagin Arm. It's amazing to see this tide rush in! It's surreal as you wait for it to stop, but it just keeps coming! Very exciting to see!
We had a great time with Emily, Susie and Lucy. Rob came into town after a short deployment to Texas, on our last day. In fact, just in time for Emily and I to go to Women's General Conference together . . .What timing! Thanks Boyles for all of the fun memories !!
2 comments:
That is cool you guys got to go to Alaska.......I'm sure your daughter will always remember that special time...Love Jaylene Finlayson........I love watching all your families grow...Lot's of Rowley's
Come back and play in the snow! We have snowy roads. Last night was our fourth storm. No more grass.
We went hiking on Saturday night near Flat Top (blueberry picking spot) and tasted the best blueberries! I think the frost sweetens them because they were sugar!
xoxo
Thanks for the memories, I have brown high heels for you next time Mike comes up. Same as the black ones.
Post a Comment