r "WOW" leys

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Politicking

It goes something like this . . .

"If you vote for me I will put rootbeer in the drinking fountains, we'll have recess all day and send the teachers home, I will lobby to have our carrot sticks replaced with french fries! Vote for ME!"

With the elections just around the corner, it feels like similar messages are being lobbed like mudpies at the mailman. Promises that one can only wonder how they will be fulfilled, oft-repeated quips relayed to them from their closest advisors all premeate the air. One thing that is certain is each of the candidates have one thing in mind . . . WINNING! Some seem to go to any length just to get your attention!

I need to admit something here and now! I don't vote. It's not because I don't care, not because I don't know the issues, not because this election could make HISTORY. (By the way, doesn't each election go down in history simply because it happened). I simply don't vote because I don't qualify i.e I guess I'm not registered.

Don't get me wrong, I tried to vote, I was hoping I could just sneak in and put a little check mark next to my favorite candidate, but THEY wouldn't let me. I put up a really good fight, I had all sorts of great reasons that were flying around in my head like a tornado of "hanging chads", but I was denied.

Good news!! Fortunately for my candidate, she offered a compelling speech, combined with some great ads, not to mention some key positions held by her SISTERS. Thanks to these few factors, and despite the fact she didn't get my vote, she has broken the theoretical GLASS CEILING and has entered that much desired position of POLITICIAN!

CONGRATULATIONS McKenzie for making STUDENT COUNCIL!!!

1 comment:

boylingivylilac said...

Congratulations!!!!

That is awesome, I am so proud of you McKenzie.

xoxo