
I shared a fairly old Jex Tradition with my children and Mike's family on New Years Eve.
I remember being terrified that my Dad would actually eat these things! Not to mention the sardines!! They both smelled altogether too fishy to me. I think my Mom actually made Dad eat the sardines on the front porch when they were first married. Well as a child, I agreed and thought they should be eaten far away from wherever I was.
I don't remember at what point I agreed to give the oysters a try . . . I must have been around 12. I was amazed that they didn't taste anything like I had imagined, and that I actually liked them.
I'm not sure when or where it got started but when oysters were served each New Years Eve, I actually looked forward to them.
Thanks Dad for always helping me learn to try new things!
1 comment:
Are you sure you want your public to know about this? I can't go in the kitchen or near Jeff or Aedan when they partake. It's a tradition that is best kept under the rug if you ask me. Wink wink.
Post a Comment